[WBEL-devel] Choosing a RHEL rebuild project

Jamey Fletcher jamey@odin.library.beau.org
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:37:19 -0600 (CST)

On 20 Jan 2004, Simon J Mudd wrote:

> I've been trying to work on this (a build script with someone already)
> but it's not in a state to make public. It's a shame that Morris
> doesn't do the same with his one.

You're under a mis-apprehension here - that John has a rebuild script.
Check the website - the steps he uses are on there - but they're not in an
easily scriptable state, and for many packages, he has to run through and
find out *WHY* they won't build, and either track down the unlisted
dependency, resolve version mismatches, or even just determine that *THIS*
silly package wants to be built as a user (or even some *PARTICULAR*
user), rather than as root.

Let me repeat here - John does *NOT* have a magic script doing this for
him.

--
					Jamey
				      ----<--<@