[WBEL-devel] zlib-devel bad key signature

Andy Wallace linxit@ntlworld.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:08:29 +0000

Hi,

I've just tried doing an "Everything" install on a testing box, and it
got stuck on trying to install zlib-devel from CD2. My first thought was
dodgy media, but the media checked out OK.

I loop-mounted the .iso and ran rpm -qip on it, and got:

error: zlib-devel-1.1.4-8.1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID 73307de6

I did the same with several other rpms, they all came up OK, but with
DSA signature: NOKEY.

I was able to view the info for zlib-devel by running

rpm --nodigest --nomd5 --nogpg -qip zlib-devel, so the RPM itself isn't
corrupt, just the key signature.

I don't need this particular package installed urgently, but it stops
the whole installation with "Everything" selected, as there's no "Skip
File" option in the installer.

Has anyone fixed this RPM yet, or is there something I need to change
in the spec file to rebuild from the SRPM? I can rebuild the iso for
my own use to have a clean set if someone can let me know what the
quickest/easiest solution is. Also, I only checked a few other RPMs,
so I don't know if zlib-devel is the only one with this problem.

Regards,
Andy Wallace