[WBEL-devel] zlib-devel bad key signature

Daniel T. Gynn dan.gynn@essensys.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:53:50 -0500

--=-SJJyxsTLhq7dZLGNs8Bl

I did an Everything install just yesterday and it went through perfectly
fine without any problems.  Did you check the md5sum on the ISO's?

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 17:08, Andy Wallace wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I've just tried doing an "Everything" install on a testing box, and it
> got stuck on trying to install zlib-devel from CD2. My first thought was
> dodgy media, but the media checked out OK.
>=20
> I loop-mounted the .iso and ran rpm -qip on it, and got:
>=20
> error: zlib-devel-1.1.4-8.1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID 73307=
de6
>=20
> I did the same with several other rpms, they all came up OK, but with
> DSA signature: NOKEY.
>=20
> I was able to view the info for zlib-devel by running
>=20
> rpm --nodigest --nomd5 --nogpg -qip zlib-devel, so the RPM itself isn't
> corrupt, just the key signature.
>=20
> I don't need this particular package installed urgently, but it stops
> the whole installation with "Everything" selected, as there's no "Skip=20
> File" option in the installer.
>=20
> Has anyone fixed this RPM yet, or is there something I need to change
> in the spec file to rebuild from the SRPM? I can rebuild the iso for
> my own use to have a clean set if someone can let me know what the
> quickest/easiest solution is. Also, I only checked a few other RPMs,
> so I don't know if zlib-devel is the only one with this problem.
>=20
>=20
> Regards,
> Andy Wallace
>=20
--=20
-----------------------
Daniel T. Gynn
RHCE #806200978201621
Essential Systems, Inc.
412-931-5403 ext. 1
fax: 412-931-5425
dan.gynn@essensys.com
GnuPG Key http://www.essensys.com/~dan/gpgring.asc
Fingerprint: 0979 73B8 847A 349E 7363  66F4 6A79 DD72 495D CD60

--=-SJJyxsTLhq7dZLGNs8Bl

--=-SJJyxsTLhq7dZLGNs8Bl--