[WBEL-devel] Rebuild Makefile

Kevin Ediger kediger@licor.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:24:05 -0600

Simon J Mudd wrote:
> Shame I was looking for something that would build from RHEL src.rpms
> (and apply whatever appropriate patches) not the whitebox ones.
>
> However your make file is a good start. Need to look for something
> like "rpm diff" and see how to apply them to the RHEL src.rpms.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon

I started out with the same intention. I wanted to have the RHEL src.rpms
and a set of patch files, run the makefile, and out comes WBEL binary rpms
and source rpms. But, I couldn't think of a good way of generating the
patches so they would easily apply when RedHat released an updated src.rpm.

I started by 'rpm -i' the source RPM, and then applying a patch to the SPEC
and SOURCES directories. That works fine, but a new patch has to be
generated for every src.rpm from RedHat. It seemed to be easier just to
manually construct the WBEL src.rpm and then build from there.

The Makefile has a rule called diff-srpms. It unpackages 2 src.rpms and
constructs diffs of the spec files, source directory, and the build directory.

Do I understand what you are trying to do?

-Kevin