[WBEL-devel] Choosing a RHEL rebuild project

Panu Matilainen pmatilai@welho.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:47:29 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, John Morris wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Kevin Ediger wrote:
>
> > If anyone is interested, I have a WBEL build script (actually, a makefile).
> > It builds far enough to use as a network install but doesn't generate the
> > individual CDROM images since I always use the boot.iso CDROM or PXE and
> > install using NFS. I've incorporated the issues that have been discussed on
> > this list as far as I can tell. I don't have RHAS3, so I don't know how the
> > packages compare to RedHat's packages.
> >
> > ftp://odyssey.licor.com/whitebox/build
>
> Just had a look at your script.  Looks like you have used make a lot more
> than I have, but I have a few questions/comments anyway.
>
> Can't see where you are catching the packages that need to be built as
> root.  Those are kdenetwork, ghostscript, isdn4k-utils, rpm and tcpdump.
> Although some of those might be caused instead by the user rpm build
> environment that I got from somewhere on people.redhat.com that is a bit
> mutant, kdenetwork for sure needs to build as root.

Umm.. what makes you think those should be built as root? The last
RHL package I remember seeing requiring root to build was the 2.2 kernel
back in RHL 7 days, earlier distros had more.

	- Panu -