[WBEL-devel] whitebox - security updates and mirror question

John A. Tamplin jat-public01@jaet.org
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:43:30 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Jeff Maze wrote:

> But I see that OpenSSL 0.9.7d is out because of a security advisory with prior
> 0.9.7x versions.  How soon do you think Red Hat will release SRPM's for
> 0.9.7d?  Just was curious.

First, that would be an issue to bring up with RedHat.  Second, RedHat
usually backports security patches into the same version they are already
distributing rather than upgrading to fix the security hole.  I haven't
looked at the details, but I would suspect RedHet's recent advisory on
OpenSSL includes the changes made in 0.9.7d.

--
John A. Tamplin					jat@jaet.org
770/436-5387 HOME				4116 Manson Ave