[WBEL-devel] openssl security update needed

Paulo Matos pjsm@fct.unl.pt
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:32:17 +0000 (WET)

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Milan Kerslager wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 05:46:33PM +0000, Paulo Matos wrote:
> >
> > 	At this moment I am in no conditions to help with this task, but
> > in a near future (and if I can convince my bosses to adopt whitebox).
>
> As usually, I'm making always updates almost in-time. But as there is
> no-no about help, contributing and cooperation a beau.org, you are not
> able to find quick solution on whiteboxlinux.org site (even URLs).

For clearing things up can you explain what do you mean with this "no-no"
statement.

> (...)
>
> I'm deleting x86 updates from the tree when Morris releases its own
> (same) "official" updates.

I must appreciate what Morris et all have done by creating whitebox
linux, I perfectly understand their motivations. I also know the spirit of
DISCLAIMERS which you'll find in almost any open-souce package that
nothing is guarenteed and is provided "AS IS", but... for me this is legal
stuff... (almost) every one would like to have is work up and running...

So my doubts right now are if whitebox linux can live as a best-effort of
all his users or will it simply be driven by a one person's work. In the
past 5 years I built, rebuilt, made and remade a lot of packages. And when
I felt confident about my expertise on doing that I contribute a few
packages to the community through redhat contrib (unfortunately it stop
working after a while).

I don't know if we can or how we can contribute to whitebox. The efforts
should be driven in the same direction and not spreading and forking
everywhere... this way we might have some stability and get the proud of
the hard work and time investment put on whitebox.

Said that, please disclose all glitches and tricks on building WBEL/RHEL
RPMS.

--
	Paulo Matos