[WBEL-devel] Missing Kernel Modules

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 05:05:38 -0600

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 04:41, Johnny Hughes wrote:
<snip>
> I will also check this on RHEL and post the results.

<snip>

This exact same behavior is present in RHEL AS 3 (Taroon).  The specific
4 modules I listed in the original e-mail are set to XXXXXX=m in the
included /boot/config file and not installed on the system.  Recompiling
the kernel with the /boot/config file as the .config file in kernel
source installed the modules correctly.  So this is an upstream issue
... any ideas why it is happening?

I provide a lot of advice at http://linuxhelp.ca and I highly recommend
WhiteBox there, but lots of people might be weary of recompiling the
kernel...

I checked the same issue in RedHat 9 and FedoraCore 1 ... all the
modules that I looked for (that had XXXXXXX=m in the /boot/config file)
where present on the system...