[WBEL-devel] Missing libpng and libpng10 updates

Brent DiNicola whitebox@elric.net
Wed, 26 May 2004 14:12:49 -0500 (CDT)

Re: 1. This would be very usefull.. just an rsync or more than that is my
question. I to have several that I could mirror and relieve the stress of
the primary mirrors.

Re: 2. I would love to get how they are rolled up. I have real copies of
RHEL that I get notices for ES when security updates come out. I would
love to know how to roll my own so that I could if I thought it was a
serious enough issue roll my own from source. This would be great for FAQ
information.

These two things would help John not get creamed or yelled at by
aleviating his bandwidth and time for those of us willing to help the
Distro with our own time in patching it. I don't mind rolling my own, but
I want to do it the same as John does so that I am not seperating my
distro from the base much except for a GPG key basically.

Thanks.

Brent

PS. Is there an interest in getting patch/update notices forwarded to a
list as RH puts them out so that you have a known list of them?

Wayne Earl said:
> 1. Can someone from WBEL post to the list the preferred method for
setting up a mirror of WBEL? While I cannot make the mirror publicly
available for others to use at this time (bandwidth is at a premium for
us), I could then
> update our servers using this internal mirror, which would contribute in
a small part to reducing bandwidth for you (we have close to 40 servers
in production, all of which will be running WBEL very soon). Perhaps
adding this to the FAQ is in order?

> 2. I would be willing to assist in recompiling update srpms for the
project.
> While I can't promise '0-day updates', I can at least contribute to the
workload of maintaining the updates. Feel free to contact me off list
for this.

--
Brent DiNicola
The Whitewolf of Imrryr