[WBEL-devel] Missing libpng and libpng10 updates

Jesse j@lumiere.net
Wed, 26 May 2004 12:41:56 -0700 (PDT)

> Re: 2. I would love to get how they are rolled up. I have real copies of
> RHEL that I get notices for ES when security updates come out. I would

I don't know if John does extra steps, but you can roll your own for most
packages pretty easily.

Download the SRPM.
rpm -ivh the SRPM
cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
rpmbuild -bb theprogram.spec
When it's done compiling, you should see a binary RPM in one of the
subdirectories of /usr/src/redhat/RPMS

> Distro with our own time in patching it. I don't mind rolling my own, but
> I want to do it the same as John does so that I am not seperating my
> distro from the base much except for a GPG key basically.

Same. I don't mind rebuilding my own either, but I want to avoid having a
second unnecessary update on systems when the official one comes out.

> PS. Is there an interest in getting patch/update notices forwarded to a
> list as RH puts them out so that you have a known list of them?

Definitely. Maybe in combo with a web interface.

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>