[WBEL-devel] kernel nevra vpackage

bishop bishop@platypus.bc.ca
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:37:55 -0700

John,

Minor problem I noticed, wondering if you had a better idea than the one
I came up with.

I was rolling a kernel-module-prism2 kit, basically finishing up the
work from a kit I saw on the net, and throughout my testing I was
constantly getting kernel symbol problems when the new drivers got their
depmod.  After a bunch of poking and fuming, I found out the problem:
kernel arch was i686, but the package was built under i386 as the default.

So, what I'm thinking is:  can we provide a virtual package in the
kernel RPM that lists the arch in there?

	Provides:  kernel-2.4.21-21-i386-up

Something like that?  Then I can, for the WB build, remove that kind of
pain from the result by %requiring the vrpm.

But it's likely not the best solution.  Got any better?

  - bish

--
	"What do you call the smaller ones;
	 Cabinet-Maker Ants?"  -- Kevin