[WBEL-devel] WBEL4 RC1 GDM artwork dependency

Sean Atkinson sean at netproject.com
Thu Apr 21 02:19:34 CDT 2005

Hi,

I've been testing WBEL4 RC1 installations, and generally it all seems
great thanks.  However I've noticed one issue which doesn't seem to have
been reported on this list, so I thought it might help to detail it.

A manual "Workstation" class install boots fine.  However with a smaller
kick-start install of only "@ gnome-desktop" packages GDM
misses /usr/share/gdm/themes/Default/Default.xml with the shipped
"GraphicalTheme=Default" line in gdm.conf.  It turns out that
gdm-2.6.0.5-6 still requires redhat-artwork >= 0:0.112-2, and instead
needs system-artwork 0.120-1.1E.WB1, which includes a sym-link from
Default to WBEL for GDM to work.

HTH,

Sean.

--