[WBEL-devel] WhiteBox 3.0-Respin2 Test release

Ron Yorston rmy at tigress.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 08:39:25 CST 2005

I've tried respin 2 on an Athlon machine.  I copied the vmlinuz and
initrd.img files from the isolinux directory on the first CD to an
existing partition, booted using grub and did a standard workstation
install via ftp.  After installation I pointed yum at a local mirror
of the updates and the only thing it wanted was the 2.4.21-27.0.2.EL
kernel.

I've done some minimal testing.  The only problem I've noticed so far
is that OpenOffice.org refused to start.  It said:

   Checking for existing user installation ...   ...   NOT FOUND
   Performing first-time installation for user ...   ...   FAILED

I found that the openoffice.org-i18n package hadn't been installed.  Once
I installed it by hand OOo started and seems to be working as expected.

Ron