[Whitebox-ia64] Dell 7150???

Robert Kidd rkidd@crhc.uiuc.edu
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:59:29 -0500

On Aug 5, 2004, at 12:56 PM, Cris Rhea wrote:

> I re-ran it today (sorry for the delay-- I was out of town for a
> funeral)
> and took some digital photos of screen shots (sorry for the blurry
> ones-- still
> probably better than me trying to transcribe them).
>
> Start with the last 3 photos at www.rentaclue.com/dell7150/
> they are the F1, F3 and F4 virt consoles while booting (2MB images, so
> don't
> do this on dial-up). These last three shots are what happened before
> system
> hung (no panic).  The whole process of re-walking the SCSI bus (I
> noticed
> it didn't try to use the LUNs as presented by the RAID card, but
> instead tries
> to access the disks directly) took 20-30 minutes!!
>
> Hope this gives you something useful...

The whitebox isos use kernel 2.4.21-4.EL.  It looks like there's been a
megaraid driver update since then.  I rolled a new boot image using
kernel 2.4.21-15.EL, available at
http://gelato.uiuc.edu/projects/whitebox/7150-test/.  Can you give this
boot image a try?

Note that I haven't built a full install set that will install the new
kernel, so a full installation probably won't work.

Robert
rkidd@crhc.uiuc.edu