[Whitebox-ia64] Dell 7150???

Cris Rhea crhea@mayo.edu
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:29:10 -0500 (CDT)

> The whitebox isos use kernel 2.4.21-4.EL.  It looks like there's been a
> megaraid driver update since then.  I rolled a new boot image using
> kernel 2.4.21-15.EL, available at
> http://gelato.uiuc.edu/projects/whitebox/7150-test/.  Can you give this
> boot image a try?
>
> Note that I haven't built a full install set that will install the new
> kernel, so a full installation probably won't work.
>
> Robert
> rkidd@crhc.uiuc.edu

Looks to be doing about the same thing... it has been 20-30 minutes trying
to walk the SCSI chains and talk to each drive instead of asking the RAID
controller about RAID LUNs.

Hasn't died yet, but it's barfing on "unknown partition table" as it
spends 10 minutes trying to talk to each drive... :(

I'll let you know (later this weekend or on Monday) if it finally croaks
or does anything useful.

--- Cris

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25