[Whitebox-ia64] Adaptec 2015S RAID daughter card (Tyan S2882UG3NR motherboard)

Robert Heller heller@cs.umass.edu
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:49:39 -0400

In message <200409280015.i8S0FeAI007551@holly.cs.umass.edu>, Robert Heller writ
es:
>We have a Dual Optiron system and I am trying to install WBL 3.0 x86_64
>on it.  We have the Adaptec RAID daughter card (2015S) and the WBL 3.0
>installer does not seem to see the controller (and thus sees no disks).
>I am thinking we need a special driver for this controller.  Does such
>a driver exist for WBL 3.0 x86_64 (Adaptec has a driver, but for an
>older kernel (a RH 7.3 vintage kernel).  The aacraid driver on the
>installer CD does not seem to work, unless I need to pass it some
>parameters.

After a bit of reading the Adaptec 2010S/2015S manual, I determined that
I need the dpt_i2o driver and it appears that this driver is missing
from the installer's driver collection.  I've had our techs pull the
Adaptec RAID daughter card and things are installing just fine right now
(using the SCSI controller as a plain SCSI controller).  It looks like I
need to build the missing driver and create a driver floppy to go with
the installer.  Since I don't have access to another x86_64 box, I have
a 'chicken and egg' situation.  OTOH, in the short run we can live
without the RAID.  Once I've built what needs to be built, I can do a
backup / fresh re-install later.

Is anyone interested in having a driver floppy for this sort of system?
Once I create the floppy, I can upload it someplace if anyone is
interested.