[WBEL-users] Release Candidate 2 is out!

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 05:33:43 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Graeme Seaton wrote:

> Is there a rsync site available for getting rc2?

Due to our very limited bandwidth, rsync is only available to our mirrors.

> I'm assuming that the difference in images between rc1 & rc2 shouldn't
> be that great and I'm quite bandwidth constrained :-/  (For what it is
> worth, happy to put the images on the torrent once I get them)

Actually everything is a little different.  RC1 was built on taroon-beta2
while RC2 is a total rebuild on RC1 with a view towards becoming self
hosted.  That said, due to popular demand (and an understanding of what
being bandwidth limited is all about) an upgrade option from RC1 to RC2 is
being worked on.  (See earlier posts today in the -devel list.)

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!