[WBEL-users] Release Candidate 2 is out!

Guillermo R billy@gui.uva.es
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:22:36 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, John Morris wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Graeme Seaton wrote:
>
> > Is there a rsync site available for getting rc2?
>
> Due to our very limited bandwidth, rsync is only available to our mirrors.

 We are waiting for confirmation for being another mirror; we would like
to be a Primary Mirror in Europe. We do now have mirrored 3.0 RC1 becasue
we don't have access to the master rsync server to mirror 3.0 RC2 too. So
that's why we are asking for an account to be a Primary mirror in Europe
as we have a high bandwith.

> > I'm assuming that the difference in images between rc1 & rc2 shouldn't
> > be that great and I'm quite bandwidth constrained :-/  (For what it is
> > worth, happy to put the images on the torrent once I get them)
>
> Actually everything is a little different.  RC1 was built on taroon-beta2
> while RC2 is a total rebuild on RC1 with a view towards becoming self
> hosted.  That said, due to popular demand (and an understanding of what
> being bandwidth limited is all about) an upgrade option from RC1 to RC2 is
> being worked on.  (See earlier posts today in the -devel list.)

 The mirror is now located at:
ftp-http://ftp.gui.uva.es/pub/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/

 We are now testing BitTorrent in our servers because we might use this
service as well but we don't know when it will be available
 Here is a copy of the mail I sent a few days ago.

     Hello,

 I'm a member of a non-profit Spanish University Association in Spain
(University of Valladolid). We offer a lot of services, one of the service
we do offer to the WWW Community is our FTP in which we have a lot of
iso's of different linux distributions and software (freeware and GNU/GPL
software, OS updates and some game-demos...). So we would like to be your
official mirror in Spain as we believe that this project would be very
important for Internet users who want a nice non-WinOS, based on Red Hat
and Enterprise Oriented; we are under a very nice network (check this
webpage: http://www.rediris.es/index.en.html), and the server is going to
be updated soon with new SCSI discs and maybe, we also update the
processor as well as the motherboard. We also want to know if we could
have a country alias: www.es.whiteboxlinux.org, a site handle specific
handle: ftp.oursite(gui).whiteboxlinux.org,...
 As you can see, we want to become the first European mirror of this
distro.

 Thanks for your time.

     Guillermo R