[Fwd: Re: [WBEL-users] Release Candidate 2 is out!]

Joe Klemmer klemmerj@webtrek.com
03 Dec 2003 12:35:48 -0500

	I think this was meant for the list...

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Magnus Hedemark <magnus@yonderway.com>
To: Joe Klemmer <klemmerj@webtrek.com>
Subject: Re: [WBEL-users] Release Candidate 2 is out!
Date: 03 Dec 2003 12:25:29 -0500

Joe Klemmer wrote:

> 	I've just started a torrent for all three binary cd's.  I'm on a cable
> modem so outbound from here is slower than inbound but it's still not to
> bad.  I'll leave them up for a day or so.

In theory torrents would be the ideal way to distribute this.  In
practice, ~3KiB/s is pretty bad over a 5Mbps downstream pipe.  Not too
many peers are on, either, indicating either that people aren't
interested (which I don't believe) or people are bailing out as soon as
their download is done, which harms the whole BitTorrent model anyway.

In the future it might be better to hold off on announcing a release
until the primary mirrors are sync'd up.
--
Joe "Kuramarujo" Klemmer | Current ranking: Maegashira 4
Hoping to make Cyber-Ozeki someday but likely not to get beyond Juryo.