[WBEL-users] Release Candidate 2 is out!

Magnus Hedemark magnus@yonderway.com
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:38:32 -0500

Joe Klemmer wrote:

 >> 	I've just started a torrent for all three binary cd's.  I'm on a cable
 >> modem so outbound from here is slower than inbound but it's still not to
 >> bad.  I'll leave them up for a day or so.

In theory torrents would be the ideal way to distribute this.  In
practice, ~3KiB/s is pretty bad over a 5Mbps downstream pipe.  Not too
many peers are on, either, indicating either that people aren't
interested (which I don't believe) or people are bailing out as soon as
their download is done, which harms the whole BitTorrent model anyway.

In the future it might be better to hold off on announcing a release
until the primary mirrors are sync'd up.