[WBEL-users] RC1 Upgraded up2date snag

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Sat, 06 Dec 2003 02:43:32 -0500

Darn. I think I read earlier about a key problem with RC1. I looked
through the archives and didn't find it. I know it's there so I
apologize for the repeat here.

I'm working from home on my ISDN, so upgrading to RC2 was my best
alternative at the moment. I did the updates, got all the packages I had
installed on my basic webserver no graphic machine. I tried running
up2date and got the "Your GPG keyring does not contain the Red Hat, Inc.
public key." message. I ran rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/RPM-GPG-KEY as
root and then up2date again and it asked for the key again. Loop-de-loop.

Perhaps the answer to what to do on this should be placed in the
readme.txt on the upgrade sites? Again, I'm sorry if I've asked for a
repost of prior information.

Best,
John Hinton