[WBEL-users] Help with update server.....

Chris Wertman cwertman@yahoo.com
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:40:01 -0800 (PST)

Hello all.

I am new to this list and Whitebox, actually Ive never
installed Whitebox, and since I actually PAID for RHEL
3 (my bad) :)

BUT what I am looking for is some help in testing
Whitebox with my update server.

What I need to know is has the header been changed in
the up2date agent or its reliance on system ID ?

If anyone wants to try to connect to my update server
drop me a line (off list) cwertman@yahoo.com and I
will send you the files you need to connect, a
modified /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date and a modified
RHNS-CA-CERT file to match my cert.

I will be able to tell from the logs how it is
reporting itself and make an appropriate patch to
allow it to connect to my up2date server.

If successful, I will post the patch, software links,
and instructions here so anyone that wants to can set
up their own up2date server for whitebox.

Let me know...

Chris