[WBEL-users] Update WBL with apt RHEL repositories

Cornelius Rossmanith bocksoft@web.de
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:55:04 +0100

Thank you for your information and time. To sum it up:

- To be 100% on the legal side, stick to the "official" WBL Updates. If you don't care about legal issues and maybe messing up your yum/up2date, apt repositories for RHEL should work (apt-get does not rely on up2date/yum to work properly)

- WBL Updates are atm quickly available, but getting them *could* be another thing as no international mirrors (outside U.S.) are available by now (correct me, if I am wrong)

So, I have just one question and one suggestion remaining:
Are kernel updates provided with up2date/yum? AFAIK apt repositories normally don't provide kernel updates, that's why I ask.
And I suggest to have all update mirrors be put on the homepage of WBL, so you can easily setup your up2date config.

Thanks everybody for your time and help,
Cornelius Rossmanith
Nachrichten, Musik und Spiele schnell und einfach per Quickstart im
WEB.DE Screensaver - Gratis downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110