[WBEL-users] Update WBL with apt RHEL repositories

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:15:29 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Cornelius Rossmanith wrote:

> Would it be possible to update WBL with an apt repository for RHEL? I am
> asking because I like apt-get very much and a public repository for RHEL
> updates is available at <http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/>.
> Another advantage of this method is that I am not depending on the
> "official" WBL updates. The WBL project is still new and small and I
> have fears that they don't provide updates fast enough or that their
> servers are too crowded to get the updates in time.

Apt isn't included but there is no reason not to use it.  But connecting
to a RHEL repository probably isn't a good idea.  There are some packages
which differ, most importantly up2date itself which is ported in from
Fedora since the RHEL version doesn't support either yum or apt.

Using apt to work with a 3rd party package collection of the freshrpms
sort should pose no problems at all.  In fact you should be able to
add multiple apt and yum repositories to up2date and have it seamlessly
keep everything straight.  What I haven't seen yet is a way to have
multiple, redundant sources for the same channel.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!