[WBEL-users] errata question

Vicki Reeves vickir@beau.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:51:55 -0600

Regarding searching the archives of the White Box lists,

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 16:37, donavan nelson wrote:
> we are both mistaken:
>
> JM quote:
> "Email is just there (all too much of it but
> that is another rant)  and with a good archive it can be searched and
> allows new users to get up to speed. "
>
> find me a good email archive now, some users will need to be pointed to it.
Sorry, it was actually Johnny Hughes who explained how to search the
archives.  He wrote:
"No search engine except ... download the archives as text and use
something like gedit."

John would have said 'something like grep' :-)

Then Jeff really solved the problem by explaining how to make Google
search the archive.
<keyword> site:<beau.org/pipermail/whitebox-users/>

Thanks, Jeff, that works just fine.

   Vicki Reeves			Beauregard Parish Library

Opinions I express are not necessarily shared by the Library.
     Lots of times I don't even agree with myself. :-D
                http://www.beau.org/~vickir