[WBEL-users] Other RHEL Base Distro's

Hedemark, Magnus mhedemark@trueposition.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:21:22 -0500

Chris Wertman [mailto:cwertman@yahoo.com] said:

> Well I saw this on freshmeat today and though it might
> be good to post it here, Im case that is there is
> anything that can be learned from it, It dosent look
> like its as far along as whitebox, but nonetheless
> there should be something usefull here
>
> http://www.caosity.org/index.php?Itemid=1

Actually CentOS-3 is a great distro to compare to WBEL.  I take exception to
the notion that one is appreciably further ahead of the other.  I do think
that CentOS has been more conservative about what it calls a "final release"
than WBEL, with these betas that are coming out being every bit as good as
the RC series from WBEL.

CentOS is waaaaay ahead of WBEL in building community, mirror
infrastructure, bug tracking, version control, etc.  There are three core
maintainers right now and the process is open to others to join.  It is just
holding off on calling anything a "final release" until things are more
polished.