[WBEL-users] Other RHEL Base Distro's

Joe Klemmer klemmerj@webtrek.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:01:37 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Hedemark, Magnus wrote:

> Actually CentOS-3 is a great distro to compare to WBEL.  I take
> exception to the notion that one is appreciably further ahead of the
> other.  I do think that CentOS has been more conservative about what it
> calls a "final release" than WBEL, with these betas that are coming out
> being every bit as good as the RC series from WBEL.
>
> CentOS is waaaaay ahead of WBEL in building community, mirror
> infrastructure, bug tracking, version control, etc.  There are three
> core maintainers right now and the process is open to others to join.
> It is just holding off on calling anything a "final release" until
> things are more polished.

	I haven't gotten CentOS 3 yet (so many distros; so little time)
but I plan on looking at it, too.  As for polish, I'm not sure how much
more polished WBL could be.  It's so shiny right now I can see myself.
;-)

--
Joe "Kuramarujo" Klemmer | Current rank: Maegashira 4
Hoping to make Cyber-Ozeki someday but likely not to get beyond Maegashira.