[WBEL-users] WBEL on Dell Inspiron 4000

Paul M. Bucalo linuxuser@pmbenterprises.com
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 07:24:50 -0500

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 02:32, Gary Mansell wrote:
> I have been running WBEL3.0 on my Dell Lattitude D600 laptop now for
> several months and it installed with no problems and runs fine - the
> only thing to get hold of is the winmodem software. The only thing that
> I have not bothered configuring is the wireless networking - it did not
> automatically detect it but I don't use it so it is of no concern to me.

Very encouraging, Gary. Since I have already installed Linux (MDK 9.1)
on this laptop before, I know that the correct drivers for the Winmodem
are easily had and installed. Video and sound worked fine with that
distro, as well. However, I wasn't able to get stability (locked up
after a length of idle time), I couldn't get APCI to register, nor could
I get the O/S to properly step-down the Intel CPU. If got that far, and
if so, did WBEL do so auto-magically or did you have to configure both
laptop BIOS and O/S? Just didn't seem to want to work for me in MDK.

Thanks for replying to my post.

Paul