[WBEL-users] Installation question

Jeff Maze maillists@crescentdigital.com
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:01:10 -0400

Have you ever thought about using VMWare Workstation for testing purposes?

I began using it for testing purposes after attending a "boot-camp" for my
MCSE; thats what they were using for the lab environments (one computer
running multiple versions of M$ software).  WBEL installs fine (except for CD
2 and the networking; which is covered in the VMware support pages under RH9;
new version of VMware came out last night, have to see if problem still
exists) and runs great too.  After you install it, copy the files to a backup
directory and play.  If you mess up the WBEL install, just copy the backup
files back over and you're back up and running.

This is also a great way for your windows users to learn Linux.  Have talked a
couple of my co-workers to give Linux a try this way.  "But I want to use
excel, word, etc."  "Good, go ahead, just use KMail or Evolution for e-mail,
that's all I ask."  hahahaha