[WBEL-users] Re: RAID using Highpoint hpt37x

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:53:25 -0400 (EDT)

Thrift Internet Service said:
> You posted the following:
>
> "Given that constraint, looking at SCSI probably wouldn't hurt."
>
> You didn't specifically say that SCSI would make RAID unnecessary, but it
> seemed to infer that SCSI was someohw an alternative I should look at.
> Perhaps I should ask you to elaborate.

You are looking for a hardware RAID controller built into the motherboard.
 Buying a mohterboard with an on-board SCSI RAID controller would fit the
bill.  SCSI isn't an alternative to RAID, but and alternative to ATA.
Most onboard ATA RAID controllers are software based.

--
William Hooper