[WBEL-users] WBEL, SANE & Epson Stylus CX5400 problems

Paul M. Bucalo linuxuser@pmbenterprises.com
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 11:53:29 -0400

Has anyone here tried to and/or successfully been able to get an Epson
Stylus CX5400 to work as a scanner in WBEL-3.0-fixed? I've followed the
instructions from the SANE site, as well as one other site that showed
how to edit the '/etc/sane.d/epson.conf' file for this particular
printer. Based on that site's experience, it should work.

USB is working and the unit does show up properly under 'cat
/proc/bus/usb/devices'. I am aware that the MFP is not listed in CUPS (I
had to pick C82 instead of C84, which works fine), so I am assuming that
the version of SANE in RHEL\WBEL must also not be the most current
version available. I am reluctant to mess up my system by trying to
install the latest version of SANE backends, but maybe that is what I
will have to do?

The machine in question is a Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop and its my main
box that I maintain my most important daily data on.

Any helpful pointers, suggestions and/or success stories on getting this
MFP to work are very much appreciated.

TIA,

Paul