[WBEL-users] RPM Gui?

Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:12:28 -0400

Doesn't up2date and/or yum install directly from the repo though?  For
example, I want to install the latest version of MySQL.  So I can d/l the
MySQL rpm from mysql.com, but need to use rpm -i to install it.  If I try to
use yum or up2date, it complains that it can't find the rpm in the
repository (which is natural, since it isn't there).

Short of using rpm -i, is there anything else I can do to install the pkg?
The problem with rpm -i is that if there are dependencies missing, then I am
forced to go find them myself...

Thanks!

Eric