[WBEL-users] kernel 2.6.5 on WB 3.0?

Bill Davidsen davidsen@tmr.com
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:50:27 -0400

Milan Keršláger wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 04:58:23PM -0600, Seth Bardash wrote:
>
>>Anyone get this working yet? We are trying to get this kernel
>>installed on WB 3.0
>

> Try to use http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/ for first step. Then you
> may try to use current Fedora beta kernel too.

I tried that briefly, his prebuilt kernel seriously didn't work for me.
My 2.6.[23] kernels did, I'll build 2.6.5 (possibly -aa) myself thanks.

He has a lot of "this is how you should run your system" stuff in the
config, which I find incompatible with an EL release.

All that said, unless you have a good reason to go 2.6 it doesn't buy
you all that much on small machines. It does scale well for the huge
ones, though.

--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)