[WBEL-users] Best Practice Update

Will Senn will_senn@comcast.net
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:56:46 -0500

I tried the download it, install it and hope for the best route, but it
didn't work completely like I expected it to. If I start Mozilla and
Mozilla Mail at the same time it prompts me for a profile on the second
one. It didn't do this with the 1.4.2 version in whitebox (I switched
back to test). Any idea wazzup? I really do want to be able to start up
a navigator and email client at the same time without having to do it
with the little nav buttons (which work). Also, the RPM version that
WBEL installs installs itself all over the place (/usr/lib, /usr/bin,
/usr/share, yada yada yada) making it difficult to mask the old version
without uninstalling it - pain and suffering. Let's say I did uninstall
the rpm, wouldn't that pretty much wipe all of the launchers that are
pointing to the mozilla in /usr/bin - which is not the default for
mozilla (/usr/local/mozilla)?

Help, I just want to upgrade to 1.6 and have it work correctly - keeping
my old profile.

Thanks,

Will