[WBEL-users] SMTP Issue

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:44:07 -0400

Has anybody out there actually gotten sendmail, smtp-auth up and running
on a WBEL system? I simply cannot find what I'm missing. Everything
seems to work except the server still refuses to allow me to send
through a virtual domain name. I have sasl, pop, imap, all running...
just can't seem to get a verification or auth for a user to send via
their domain name.

All the configs seem to be right there in the sendmail.mc file and only
need to be turned on. I've followed several online tutorials on setting
this up under rhel and rh7.3-9.0 and unless I'm missing some service
that needs to be started, I don't know what I could have done wrong.
Been onto this all day!! It sure would help to know that in fact it can
be done on WBEL.

Best,
John Hinton