[WBEL-users] updating to newest kernel from Redhat using up2date

Chris Weisiger cweisiger@i-55.com
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:12:29 -0500

i just checked for the kernel update and im unable to check for it using
up2date....i noticed the kernel was released on april 22-2004

but when i just ran up2date the kernel wasnt listed...

the only thing i can think of is that i had to recompile my kernel
so my zip drive would work....could that be a problem in that
up2date cant  check for an updated kernel...cause when
i check this is what is returned from up2date

Fetching rpm headers...

Name                                    Version        Rel

or

Fetching rpm headers...

Name                                    Version        Rel

All packages are currently up to date

how do i update my kernel?