[WBEL-users] Just a note about Webmin 1.140

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:19:31 -0400

Michael Falzon wrote:

> Hi All
> not sure if this is a big thing at all, but i find the webmin picks up
> WhiteBox 3.0  as a Red Hat Linux Box
>
> *Version 1.140 on XXXXXXX.XXX (Redhat Linux 3.0ES)*
>

> "Programming, an art form that fights back."
>
>Michael Falzon (RHCT)
>Mozy's Swamp BBs & Red Dwarf BBs
>http://mozysswamp.org
>Registered LFS User   #406
>Registered Linux User #204397

I asked Jamie to add Whitebox to the supported OS's and he did.

Yes, that is correct. That is how Jamie set it up to recognize Whitebox.
Since they are essentially the same OS, that was the cleanest and
easiest way for him to do it. I suspect many modules look for a
recognizable OS, RHEL being obvious and Whitebox may in fact require
LOTS of changes.

As I've rolled through other modules, I see reference to Redhat in those
as well and setups that seem to have taken info from the main Webmin
install.

Thanks to Jamie for adding Whitebox to his code, even if it does tell us
we are running RHEL.

BTW, I personally think Webmin is now ready for primetime. There is a
lot to work through to get a setup the way 'you' like it, but wow, the
addition of virtualmin has made it really sweet for a hosting company.

John Hinton