[WBEL-users] Just a note about Webmin 1.140

Michael Falzon nozy@mozysswamp.org
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:39:26 +1000

--=-y/WDA7QXdDn6AXCwiH2w

Hi John
Yep She is a good program tested in vmware and all works will ....

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 22:19, John Hinton wrote:

> Michael Falzon wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> > not sure if this is a big thing at all, but i find the webmin picks up
> > WhiteBox 3.0  as a Red Hat Linux Box
> >
> > *Version 1.140 on XXXXXXX.XXX (Redhat Linux 3.0ES)*
> >

> > "Programming, an art form that fights back."
> >
> >Michael Falzon (RHCT)
> >Mozy's Swamp BBs & Red Dwarf BBs
> >http://mozysswamp.org
> >Registered LFS User   #406
> >Registered Linux User #204397
> >
> I asked Jamie to add Whitebox to the supported OS's and he did.
>
> Yes, that is correct. That is how Jamie set it up to recognize Whitebox.
> Since they are essentially the same OS, that was the cleanest and
> easiest way for him to do it. I suspect many modules look for a
> recognizable OS, RHEL being obvious and Whitebox may in fact require
> LOTS of changes.
>
> As I've rolled through other modules, I see reference to Redhat in those
> as well and setups that seem to have taken info from the main Webmin
> install.
>
> Thanks to Jamie for adding Whitebox to his code, even if it does tell us
> we are running RHEL.
>
> BTW, I personally think Webmin is now ready for primetime. There is a
> lot to work through to get a setup the way 'you' like it, but wow, the
> addition of virtualmin has made it really sweet for a hosting company.
>
> John Hinton

"Programming, an art form that fights back."

Michael Falzon (RHCT)
Mozy's Swamp BBs & Red Dwarf BBs
http://mozysswamp.org
Registered LFS User   #406
Registered Linux User #204397

--=-y/WDA7QXdDn6AXCwiH2w

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi John<BR>
Yep She is a good program tested in vmware and all works will .... <BR>
<BR>