[WBEL-users] More yum mirrors?

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:07:48 -0400 (EDT)

Jan-Albert van Ree said:
> On Tuesday 27 April 2004 17:52, Greg Brown wrote:
>> speaking of yum serves does anyone have a good primer for setting up
>> your own yum server?  It doesn't look to complicated but then again I
>> think I must be missing something...
>
> Put all the stuff in a dir with proper subdir structure (i386, i686,
> athlon
> etc etc),

Well, you don't _have_ to seperate it out.  In fact I would only worry
about it if you had wildly different arches involved (ia64, AMD64, etc).
And then I would just use i386 and noarch to save the space of storing the
noarch packages multiple times.

> make it accessible through yoour webserver (with Option Indexes)

Indexes aren't required either, but it can make life easier.

--
William Hooper