[WBEL-users] Eadem Enterprise is awesome!

Rene Herrero rherrero@sympatico.ca
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:07:38 -0400

I've been using White Box Linux until recently and although I think they
did a great job with the OS there are still quite a few serious bugs,
most noticeably the RPM database.

Reading through the mailing list I came across the "little discussion"
about Eadem Enterprise and decided to give it a try (had an extra 20GB
of free space on my hard drive).  I was IMPRESSED!  The people at Eadem
removed all the worthless stuff in the Red Hat distribution.  The most
noticeable change is the removal of KDE and GNOME which are very slow,
buggy and terribly ugly.  It is the first Linux distribution I've seen
that uses BlackBox and I have to say: it is damn good.  Sure it doesn't
have all the options that KDE and Gnome have, but it is fast, stable and
looks awesome.

Since I installed Eadem I haven't used White Box anymore.  The up2date
system works flawlessly to get updates or if you want to install the
junk that Eadem removed from the Red Hat distribution (that's right, the
distribution is stripped down but you can still get the removed
"cellulite").  It also has the YUM which is very good.

I know that some people are going to get offended after reading this
(someone always does) but I'd like to point out that I'm in no way
trying to bash White Box Linux.  On the contrary, I think they did a
great job.  The reason I believe that Eadem has an edge over White Box
is that they seem to focus more on quality than quantity (hint hint).
The only fault seen until now is the Eula file which is trivial in my
opinion.

It would be nice if other people tried it and gave their input on it.
If you want to try it go to:

		ftp://eadem.com/pub/eadem/3AS/i386/iso/

Just my two cents.

--