[WBEL-users] Eadem Enterprise is awesome!

Michiel van Es info@pcintelligence.nl
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:00:08 +0200

Klaus Zahradnik wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:07:38PM -0400, Rene Herrero wrote:
>
> [...snip...]
>

>>I know that some people are going to get offended after reading this
>>(someone always does) but I'd like to point out that I'm in no way
>>trying to bash White Box Linux.  On the contrary, I think they did a
>>great job.  The reason I believe that Eadem has an edge over White Box
>>is that they seem to focus more on quality than quantity (hint hint).
>

> Am I supposed to understand that now? WBEL is supposed to be a truly
> free version of a stable server os. Which brings me to the topic of the
> gui: I do not install any gui on my servers. I do everything on the
> shell.
>
> btw: Gnome rules! (scnr)
>

>>The only fault seen until now is the Eula file which is trivial in my
>>opinion.
>

> And could (I did not read their EULA yet) be the one reason not to use
> this distro.
>
> [...snip...]
>

>>Just my two cents.
>

> You sound like our sales people. Go and play somewhere else and please
> stop makeing adverts for eadem. Nobody asked for it, and my guess is,
> that most people here take your advertising as a reason not to use
> eadem.

Ai..that doesn't sood good at all ;)
But true..people are promoting other distro's on this mailing list.
The argumentation is lame (I like blackbox 'cause it's quick - why don't
you install blackbox on WhiteBox then????? - DOH! )
People LIKE KDE and LIKE Gnome..nothing wrong wiht that..yes it is
slower than BlackBox..but more user friendly IMHO..

> best regards
> Klaus

Michiel