[WBEL-users] WBEL n_hdlc config query

neil neilcuk@aol.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:52:23 +0100

Hi all.

I've just got round to installing WBEL (a much welcomed distro). I
intend on trying it out as a replacement for my home gateway. I'm using
an Alcatel USB ADSL modem which requires N_HDLC support which isn't
compiled in as a module to the default WBEL(RHEL) kernel.

Ideally I want to avoid installing the sources and associated compiler
to keep things to a minimum. Obviously I haven't messed about much yet
(not enough hours in the day!) but I just wanted to know if anyone else
has a requirement for n_hdlc and got things working. Maybe I missed
something? I'm assuming I will have to recompile the kernel. Any thoughts?

cheers
neil.