[WBEL-users] WBEL n_hdlc config query

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:12:50 +0200

On Thursday 29 April 2004 11:52, neil wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've just got round to installing WBEL (a much welcomed distro). I
> intend on trying it out as a replacement for my home gateway. I'm using
> an Alcatel USB ADSL modem which requires N_HDLC support which isn't
> compiled in as a module to the default WBEL(RHEL) kernel.
>
> Ideally I want to avoid installing the sources and associated compiler
> to keep things to a minimum. Obviously I haven't messed about much yet
> (not enough hours in the day!) but I just wanted to know if anyone else
> has a requirement for n_hdlc and got things working. Maybe I missed
> something? I'm assuming I will have to recompile the kernel. Any
> thoughts?

It's in the kernel-unsupported package, which contains modules which are not
supported under the RHEL support contract. Since Whitebox mimics RHEL here
it's also in the unsupported RPM.
So a 'yum install kernel-unsupported' should do it (if you have an SMP
system it's kernel-smp-unsupported)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net