[WBEL-users] Dual Running

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Sun, 01 Aug 2004 21:47:06 -0500

Now that my network card is back working under Linux, I'd like to try
setting up an environment where the core services that I use (e-mail /
newsgroups, web pages, and database) are available whether I'm booted to
Linux or Windows.  I use Mozilla Thunderbird for newsgroups, PHP for the
web pages, and MySQL for the database.  I have a drive formatted with
FAT32 (vfat) that is readable/writable from both operating systems.

Has anyone had any experience with this, heard about someone who did it,
or tried it and couldn't make it work?  I think the MySQL should work
the same, and by using a symbolic link under Linux and special options
in IIS, I believe I can make both servers serve up the same web pages.
My biggest question is with Thunderbird.  Does anyone here know whether
it can be forced to read its data from a particular place, and whether
it uses the same format and naming convention in both operating systems?

Thanks...  :)

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	danieljs@knology.net <mailto:danieljs@knology.net>