[WBEL-users] Dual Running

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Mon, 02 Aug 2004 06:39:37 -0500

Craig White wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 19:47, Daniel J. Summers wrote:
>

>>Now that my network card is back working under Linux, I'd like to try
>>setting up an environment where the core services that I use (e-mail /
>>newsgroups, web pages, and database) are available whether I'm booted to
>>Linux or Windows.  I use Mozilla Thunderbird for newsgroups, PHP for the
>>web pages, and MySQL for the database.  I have a drive formatted with
>>FAT32 (vfat) that is readable/writable from both operating systems.
>>

>Actually, netscape was the original roaming profile IIRC
>
>all you need to do is to store the profile in a common area.

great!

>I can't see how you are gonna make it work out with MySQL but if you
>feel comfortable with it, then go for it.

You don't think that'll work, running the same version?  My plan was to
have Windows configured to use something like D:\MySQL\Data, and have
Linux point to /mnt/drive_d/MySQL/Data.

> Myself, I would use a separate
>computer as a server.

I would too, if I had one.  :)  I'll keep the list posted as to how
everything goes...  Family funding being what it is (or isn't, in this
case), I need to see if it'll work on this machine for now.  We found
out last Saturday that #3 is now on the way, so a crib, changing table,
stroller, etc. jumped up to the top of the "must buy" list.  ;)

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	danieljs@knology.net <mailto:danieljs@knology.net>