[WBEL-users] Issues to yum / WBEL

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 10:43:18 +0200

On Saturday 07 August 2004 02:33, Alex Tkachenko wrote:

> First of all - I don't have that line at all. Second - kernel-smp was
> successfully upgraded, whereas to upgrade up kernel I had to clean the
> old packages. Third - I've seen the warning from yum-arch 'ignoring the
> older package' (or alike) regarding to the latest one. And the last -
> how about php case I have mentioned?

It doesn't remove the old kernel(s) (only kernel sources), so you have a
backup should the kernel not work. Why the line isn't in your yum.conf I
don't know. And normally if you're on SMP it updates both the smp and up
kernel at once.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net