[WBEL-users] SAMBA

Ganeshram Iyer gri0941@exchange.uta.edu
Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:54:21 -0500

Thanks to both Craig and Johnny,

I finally got the mapped root login to be the administrator of the
member PC. It was just the mapping of ntgroup="Domain Admins" to
unixgroup=root was missing in the net groupmap list. So once I did that
things are working better. The original problem that I had with Visual
Studio.NET not allowing users to debug has also been solved with adding
Domain Users to the local Debugger Users group.

But wait, to rain on my parade, I have another problem. When I ssh to my
Linux PDC SMB server and try to change my password, how do I do it? Do I
run smbpasswd or passwd. I have attached my smb.conf below if it is needed.

# Global parameters
[global]
    workgroup = TEST
    server string = Test domain server