[WBEL-users] Re: Incorporating updates into anaconda (Erik Williamson)

Erik Williamson erik@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:08:17 -0600

Hi Jake -

I'm doing essentially the same - I copy over a few scripts that
bootstrap the system via cfengine & update via yum on the first boot.

The problem is that on slower machines, there's now a great deal of
updates, so it takes a while to update on that first boot; so I thought
that if I munge in the updated packages into the installer, the system
would be completely up to date with it's patches right away.

The link that I posted earlier in the thread is working for my fedora
machines; I will be trying the same with whitebox when I get some spare
time.

Best,
Erik