[WBEL-users] Re: Incorporating updates into anaconda (Erik Williamson)

Jake Grimmett jake.grimmett@nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:49:25 +0100

> Hi all,
>
> Pretty sure that this has been discussed befora, but searching has
> turned up nil.
>
> Wondering if there's a documented procedure for replacing the original
> packages on my build server with the updated ones - after kickstarting
> hosts, the initial patch run is getting pretty ... 'large'.  I could
> just unpack the respin iso's, but if I could I'd like to go whole-hog
> and put all updates on there.
>
> Thanks!
> Erik.
>
> --
> e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     erik@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
>   system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary

Hi Erik,

I use kickstart for all my boxes - and use the postinstall section of the
ks.cfg to copy a post-reboot script (setmeup.sh) over to the new machine.
Within this is a 'up2date -u' line - which is run *after* modifying the
sources and up2date files in /etc/sysconfig/rhn.

This is the tail of my ks.cfg - note the first (#) section that was used when
I used a floppy for kickstarts - the second section uses the network.

%post --nochroot
echo "Welcome to the Division of Molecular Structure, NIMR." >
/mnt/sysimage/etc/motd
# following lines copy script from floppy - not used with pxe
#mkdir /mnt/floppy
#mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
#cp /mnt/floppy/setmeup.sh /mnt/sysimage/root/setmeup.sh
# following lines copy the post-boot setup script to the local machine
wget ftp://titan.nimr.mrc.ac.uk/3.0u2/setmeup.sh
cp setmeup.sh /mnt/sysimage/root/setmeup.sh
chmod u+x /mnt/sysimage/root/setmeup.sh

Hope this helps

Jake

--