[WBEL-users] About WB maintainers

Vicki Reeves vickir@beau.org
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:23:53 -0500

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> John Morris is basically the only maintainer for WBEL.  If John were to
> decide tomorrow to stop doing WBEL, it would be very easy to take WBEL
> and continue it.  Someone (or many people) would do that ... and even if
> they didn't CentOS or TaoLinux would be easy to convert to.

Johnny, thanks for doing a great job of explaining the options if John
and the library drop out of the WBEL project.  The major great thing
about open source is that the code is OPEN - it's right there in the
open for anyone to branch off with another project.

The Beauregard Parish Library has been 'in buisiness' since 1947.  We
are a public institution and WBEL is vital to our operations.

My personal prayer is that we can keep John happy right here until
retirement.  If that does not happen, we hope that we can continue to
work with him on WBEL where ever he goes.  But if he decides to drop
WBEL, chances are good that whoever takes on the GIGANTIC task of
filling his spot here at the library will be expected to keep the WBEL
project going.

As far as John's vacations go, he has left good instructions for me to
rebuild under most situations.  I've actually done one rebuild under
John's supervision.  I'm in training for the other situations.  Our plan
on this vacation is for him to rebuild if he was at a spot where that
was possible - as you may have noticed, John likes to burp his own baby.
  At this stage of the project, I agree that it is a good thing.
However, if it is an essential (read security risk) rebuild and John
cannot get to the resources to handle it, our plan is for me to do it.

This is me:
Vicki Reeves          vickir@beau.org        http://www.beau.org/~vickir

This is where I work:
Beauregard Parish Library                        http://library.beau.org
205 South Washington Ave, DeRidder, LA 70634           (337)463-6217 x19
  The Library does not necessarily agree with everything I write :-D

Geek code 3.1:GIT d? s-:++ a? C++ L++$ W++ w-- Y+ b+ G e r+++

                              <><